Below is a list of frequently asked questions:
What are the benefits of joining MAPTA?
- MAPTA members benefit immediately from discounted tuition as long as their membership is current.
- MAPTA members also are able to borrow PT-related educational material; textbooks, videos, and DVDs; available on loan through the MAPTA Resource Library
- MAPTA members are eligible to receive 50% off tuition on any previously attended course sponsored by MAPTA (space permitting).
- MAPTA members will also have access to study group sessions when scheduled
How much does it cost to join MAPTA?
- MAPTA Membership dues are $40 per year beginning every January 1st.
- New or renewed memberships received after September 1st will be applied to the remaining and next year's dues.
Do I have to register for a course to join MAPTA?
- No, you may join MAPTA only if you choose.
Can I join MAPTA if I live outside the Mid-Atlantic Region?
- Yes, many of our members benefit from being members outside of the Mid-Atlantic Region
What is the term of my MAPTA membership?
- MAPTA membership needs to be renewed every January 1st. The only exception is if you join MAPTA or renew your MAPTA membership on or after September 1st of the previous year, then you are considered a MAPTA member for the rest of the calendar year and the entire next calendar following year. i.e. You join MAPTA on or after September 1st, 2006. You are considered to be a MAPTA member for the rest of 2006 and also for the entire year of 2007.
Do I have to join MAPTA to utilize the MAPTA Resource Library?
- Yes, only MAPTA members may utilize the MAPTA Resource Library
How do I utilize the MAPTA Resource Library?
- First, you need to be an active MAPTA member.
- Second, you must agree to the terms of using the MAPTA Resource Library
- Third, you request a maximum of two Library Items from the Resource Library list under the Membership Link on our homepage.
- Fourth, complete the Resource Library Request and your request will be confirmed by email.
- You will have a total of 6 weeks to utilize the item and are expected to return the item in a timely manner
- The item will come with a statement that will indicate a return date of the item to MAPTA
- It is strongly recommended that you insure the item for the return trip to MAPTA so that you will not be responsible to cover the replacement cost if it is damaged or lost in the mail. The amount to be insured will be indicated on the statement.
- If the item is not returned at all, not returned in a timely manner, or damaged the borrowing MAPTA member is responsible to replace the item.
Can I loan a MAPTA Resource Library Item to someone else?
- It is not recommended, but the individual who borrowed the item is ultimately responsible to return it on time and in the reasonable condition similar to the condition of the item it was loaned out. By loaning the item to someone else you run the risk of being responsible for someone else’s actions.
How long can I borrow a Resource Library Item?
- A total of 6 weeks.
Can I request an extension to use an item longer than 6 weeks?
- Yes, but you must contact Larry Grine, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to see if this is possible as some items have PTs waiting to have it sent out again upon its return to MAPTA.
Does it cost me anything to borrow a Resource Library Item?
- MAPTA will pay for postage to the individual and the only cost to the MAPTA member is to pay for return postage and insurance of the item for its return trip to MAPTA.
What are the terms of using the MAPTA Resource Library?
- To use the Resource Library you must be a current MAPTA member
- Items are loaned for a total of 6 weeks and must be returned by the due date, as many items will be sent out immediately upon their return to MAPTA to members waiting to borrow the same item.
- It is the responsibility of the borrowing individual to pay for the return postage of the borrowed items.
- It is strongly recommended that the borrowing individual insure the items for their return trip to MAPTA.
- Items not returned, items not returned in a reasonable period of time after the due date, or items returned damaged or condition unlike the condition it was borrowed will be replaced at the cost of the borrowing individual
- In ability to fulfill these terms will result in a MAPTA member being unable to utilize the Resource Library
How do I register for a MAPTA course?
- It is recommended that you register on-line from our website using the ‘Courses’ link and then linking to the specific course you are interested in attending. Course information and the course cost will be available through the link for the course. In order to receive the lowest cost to attend a course you will need to join MAPTA and register early. Early registration ends 1 month prior to the beginning date of the course, or beginning date of Part A of a 2-part course.
- All registrations when received will be confirmed by either email or phone within 2 business days of receiving your registration. If you have not been contacted by MAPTA and you have sent in your course registration please contact MAPTA to confirm that it has been received.
- Upon MAPTA receiving your registration you will be contacted within 2 business days and you will be sent via email course information and a course receipt.
- Registrations must be complete and include: Attendee information, payment in full, and agreement to the terms of our cancellation policy.
- Registration forms received without payment or agreement to the terms of the cancellation policy will not be held and will be rejected.
- Incomplete registration forms will not be eligible for early course tuition unless the completed registration, complete payment, and agreement to terms with the cancellation policy are received at least 1 month prior to the course start date. Early Registration terms
How can I be sure to register Early and received Early Registration Rates?
Early registration ends 1 month prior to the course start date:
- Course 1: September 1-3, 2006 then Early registration ends on July 1, 2006
- Course 2: October 1-3, 2006 (Part A) & November 1-3, 2006 (Part B) then Early registration ends on August 1, 2006
- If you register after the Early registration deadline you will be required to register at the normal registration rate
- When you register on-line the course tuition will automatically be calculated for you based on the date you register for the course.
- Early registration ends 1 month prior to the course start date:
How do I register on-line?
- In order to register on-line you will be asked to complete the on-line registration form, once you have linked to the specific course of your interest, and submit your credit card information on the secure Pay Pal™ site that you will be temporarily redirected to from our website.
- You cannot register on-line and pay by check. If you want to pay by check you must register by mail.
- On-line registrations will automatically have the course tuition calculated based on the date of the registration.
- If you have not renewed your MAPTA membership or have not joined MAPTA in the past you will be required to do so in order to receive the lower course tuition rate.
How do I register by mail?
- In order to register by mail you can print off the registration form and mail it to MAPTA. MAPTA’s address is located on the registration form. In order to received early registration rates the course registration must be postmarked no later than 1 month prior to the course start date.
Do I have to be a MAPTA member to register for a course?
- No, you do not have to join MAPTA to register for a course; however, you will be required to pay more than if you were a MAPTA member, as MAPTA members receive immediate course tuition discounts.
Can I join MAPTA or renew my MAPTA membership at the time I register for a course?
- Yes, you will have the ability to select whether you need to join or renew your MAPTA membership when registering on-line or by mail. If you renew or join on-line the MAPTA membership fee will be added to your total amount due prior to completing the credit card transaction.
- In order to completely process a course registration the participant must agree to the terms of the cancellation policy by signing the policy terms, for mailed registrations, or acknowledgement of the cancellation policy terms via on-line registrations.
- On-line registrations will be accepted and processed pending space availability, and will be confirmed via email. Make no travel arrangements until your registration has been confirmed by MAPTA.
- We are not responsible or held liable for the cost of any non-refundable travel expenses, including but not limited to airline tickets, hotel costs, etc.
- For cancellations made greater than 14 days prior to the first day of the course start date there is a $100 non-refundable penalty and the participant will receive a refund of the total course tuition paid minus the $100 non-refundable penalty.
- For cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the first day of the course start date, there are NO refunds.
- All cancellations must be received in writing either by mail or email before any refund may be issued.
- In the event that MAPTA cancels a course, a full refund will be given to all participants equal to the course registration amount paid.
How can I be contacted by MAPTA about future courses?
- You can either contact MAPTA at email@example.com and provide us with email and contact information or you must request for MAPTA to contact you when MAPTA Newsletters or course announcements are released.
Unable to find an answer to your question?
- Contact Larry Grine via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact MAPTA by phone Toll-free if out of the Northern Virginia Area at 800.606.3573
- Contact MAPTA by phone at 703.880.4613
Join MAPTA. MAPTA membership is $40.00 per year and includes immediate discounts on course tuition, use of the MAPTA Resource Library, access to our study group sessions, and the ability to receive 50% off tuition on any previously attended MAPTA-sponsored course.